Up: The MINC 2.0 File
Previous: Non-Standard Objects
A number of object names defined in the MINC 1.0 specification are no
longer used in the MINC 2.0 specification. However, to avoid
potential errors or confusion, these names should be considered
``reserved'' and must not be redefined in future applications. In
some cases these keywords may be interpreted or emulated by the
library to provide backward compatibility with MINC 1.0.
- rootvariable - Replaced by HDF5 hierarchy.
- parent - Replaced by HDF5 hierarchy.
- children - Replaced by HDF5 hierarchy.
- signtype - HDF5 defines both signed and unsigned types.
- _FillValue - HDF5 defines an explicit mechanism for
contolling the ``fill value'' of a dataset.